New Digital Video Solution To Help Resolve Losses
Today we announced a new digital technology that allows customers to use a mobile device to virtually connect with their claims adjuster that could help to more quickly resolve a loss. This digital video solution is available to customers with any personal or commercial lines insurance policy offered by the company. Use of this solution may help avoid the need for a traditional onsite inspection or it may supplement the onsite inspection.
“Today’s customers expect exceptional service,” said Bob Crowley, Vice President, Claims Field Operations, American Modern. “American Modern’s video claims solution utilizes technology that provides ease-of-use while adding unexpected value by helping customers, in many cases, resolve their claim in a week or less.”
Once a loss has been reported, the customer will receive a text message notification from the claim adjuster with a link that is tailored to the customer’s preference. The link will offer access to:
- • A download free solution via the Livegenic customer portal and the phone’s internet browser. This option does not require a log in.
- • Information to download the free Livegenic myClaim app (available on the App or GooglePlay stores) to the mobile device. This option requires a log in.
From the customer portal or the app, the customer has a few options for providing the adjuster with the information needed to resolve the claim:
- • Live Collaboration – The customer streams video or takes snapshots of damage while conversing with the adjuster who can provide real-time guidance to best visualize the damage or loss with the customer’s assistance.
- • Offline Video or Photos – Using the app the customer captures offline video or photos to send to the adjuster at a later time; this can be useful in locations with weak or no internet connections.
- • Photo Gallery – The customer can use the app or the website’s customer portal to upload photos and video from their photo gallery and send them to the adjuster at a convenient time.
Using the video claims solution app or the customer portal is optional. American Modern claim adjusters can use alternative options to resolve the claim for customers who do not have a mobile device or choose not to use the technology, including traditional onsite inspections.
“As we integrate digital solutions into our claims resolution process, it’s important to consider the emotional needs of our customers during what could be one of the most traumatic experiences of their lives,” said Crowley. “The live collaboration component of this technology helps put the adjuster by the customer’s side to foster a more personal connection during such an experience.”
Watch this quick video to see a step-by-step tutorial on how to use the app on your phone.
For information only. Not applicable to all situations.