Offer your customers flexible coverage and 50+ years’ worth of manufactured home experience.
Your customers’ manufactured homes present very different risks when compared to site-built homes, including increased risk of damage from fire, plumbing leaks and wind. Our policies give your customers flexibility with the protection they need.[/vc_column_text][vc_separator][vc_column_text]
- Owner- or tenant-occupied, seasonal, landlord rental homes, modular home, tiny home (Vacant can be covered under Dwelling Basic DP-1)
- Prior losses, lapsed coverage and credit issues acceptable
- Fair or better condition
- No age restriction on the home
- AMsuite Only: Schedule up to 25 homes on one policy
|Title held by Corporation, LLC, Estate or Trust||Homes held by an LLC, corporation or trust may qualify for coverage with American Modern.|
|Comprehensive protection||The policy covers any cause of loss, unless that cause is specifically excluded in the policy documents.|
|Stated value loss settlement with no depreciation deduction||For a total loss, we settle at the stated value of the home which is listed on the policy. There is no depreciation deduction. For partial losses, we pay the actual cash value of the loss, but it can be upgraded to a replacement cost valuation.|
|AMsuite Only||Water coverage buy back options for a reduced premium/price-sensitive customers|
[/vc_column_text][vc_tta_accordion shape=”square” c_icon=”chevron” c_position=”right” active_section=”” collapsible_all=”true” el_id=”amig-accordion”][vc_tta_section title=”Included Coverage” tab_id=”1513280983645-1ecb61b7-2121″][vc_column_text]
- Liability – Policyholders are covered if an injury occurs to someone while on their premises, or if they accidentally injure someone or damage property while they are away from the home.
- Personal property – Personal belongings are protected on an actual cash value basis if the home suffers a covered loss.
- Comprehensive protection – Covers any cause of loss unless specifically excluded. Stated value loss settlement – We settle at the stated value of the home which is listed on the policy.
- Other structures – Sheds, detached garages or fences are protected. Additional living expenses – If a covered peril causes sufficient damage to move out, we cover the extra living expenses until repairs are complete or a new home is found.
- Reasonable expenses – We cover the cost for emergency repairs that prevent additional damage, such as covering a roof after a storm.
- Water damage – 100% Coverage A, $3,500 sublimit for mold and remediation.
*Coverages apply to package policies for owner-occupancy[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Optional Coverage” tab_id=”1513280983687-0c49a266-9511″][vc_column_text]
- Enhanced coverage – Increased limits for additional living expenses, collapse, emergency removal, fire department surcharge, antenna/satellite dish, and more.
- Builder’s risk – Essential for homes just bought from a dealer, and is required by some lenders, this endorsement protects the home during the time between loan closing and occupancy.
- Breakdown protection – Widen the policy’s scope to include repair or replacement of major appliances, HVAC and electronics due to mechanical or electrical failure.
- Earthquake – This hard-to-find coverage is available in many states.
- Identity theft recovery – Identity theft can result in real harm being done to a person’s credit report. This special option provides professional assistance and up to $15,000 in expense reimbursement.
- Vandalism – Physical damage or defacement of the home is included (with Enhanced Coverage Endorsement).
- Theft – Personal items, or permanently attached items such as a heat pump or even copper piping are covered for loss if stolen from the home. Certain items have specific dollar limits (with Enhanced Coverage Endorsement).
- AMsuite Only: Multitude of discounts available.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”FAQ” tab_id=”1513805646097-8b39db75-22f5″][vc_column_text]Q: What occupancies are available in the American Modern Manufactured Homeowners program?
A: Owner-occupied, rental, tenant and seasonal occupancies are available in this program. A vacant occupancy is available through American Modern’s DP-1 dwelling fire program.
Q: What is the target market for this program?
A: The Manufactured Homeowners program has several different target markets based on which Homeowner’s program you select:
- Multi-Sectional Package: Designed for multi-sectional homes that are owner occupied as the primary residence of the insured. No rental or seasonal occupancies.
- Single-Sectional Package: Designed for single-sectional homes that are owner occupied as the primary residence of the insured. No rental or seasonal occupancies.
- Mobile Home Program, By Line: Designed for homes that are owner occupied as the primary residence of the insured. This program offers your insured maximum flexibility by allowing them to choose the specific coverages they desire. No rental or seasonal occupancies.
- Seasonal Mobile Home Program: Designed for any home that is not the primary residence of the insured, but is used by the insured on an intermittent or non-continuous basis. Vacant and rental home are not eligible.
- Rental / Commercial Mobile Home Program: Designed for any home, or schedule of homes rented to others for residential purposes. Or, designed for any home used in a light office or professional capacity. Beauty salons, day care centers, and markets are not eligible.
- For rental schedules in excess of 100 units, please contact your underwriter.
- Rental schedules in the name of a mobile home park are ineligible in this program.
- Tenant Program: Designed to provide personal property coverage for individuals renting a manufactured home.
- Written on a named peril basis.
Q: What perils are covered on the Manufactured Homeowners form?
A: Comprehensive dwelling coverage is available in all programs except the Tenant Program. Comprehensive Other Structures and personal property coverages are available in most programs. Please see the state-specific Program Manual in the eForms library for more information.
Q: What claims settlement options are available on the Manufactured Homeowners form?
A: Homes 15 years old or newer may be insured to actual cash value, market value, or replacement cost value. In most states, homes 16 years and older may be insured to either actual cash value or market value. Please see the state-specific Program Manual in the eForms library for more information.
Q: What is the maximum age limit for the Manufactured Homeowner’s Program?
A: There is no maximum age limit for this program. However, settlement options may vary with the age of the home.
Q: What is the maximum value limit for the Manufactured Homeowner’s Program?
A: The maximum value limit in most states is $200,000. Higher values may be available on a state-specific basis. Please see the Program Manual in the eForms library for state specific information.
Q:What protection classes are eligible in this program?
A: Manufactured homes in protection classes 1-10 are eligible.
Q: Are homes in manufactured home parks eligible in this program?
A: Yes. Homes in manufactured home parks are acceptable in this program.
Q: Are homes on private land eligible in this program?
A: Yes. Homes on private land are eligible in this program.
Q: Is Liability covered on this form? If so how is it covered?
A:Personal Liability is included at $25,000 or $50,000 depending on the state. Other limits are available.
Q: Is Personal Property covered on this form?
A:Personal property coverage is included at a percentage of Coverage A limit in the Manufactured Homeowners Package Policies. Additional coverage may be added with a policy endorsement. Coverage may be available in other Programs by endorsement.
Q: Is there any coverage provided for other structures on this form?
A: Coverage for other structures, such as sheds and detached garages, is included on an actual cash value basis at a percentage of the Coverage A limit in the Manufactured Homeowners Package Programs. This coverage may be purchased in other Programs.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_accordion][vc_column_text]See Comparison Guide for more details on what’s new in AMsuite for Manufactured Home. For complete information on AMsuite, visit the AMsuite Resource Center.
Program details may vary by state. For specifics, please log in to modernLINK and consult the program manual for specifics located under the eForms tab.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]