Homeowners FLEX lets you customize coverage for more customers, even those whose homes have age, claims, and location concerns. And it’s all based on a comfortably familiar HO-3 form. So FLEX with confidence. It’s never been easier to customize and cover more.
When to write
- Full-time or seasonal home needing coverage comparable to HO-3
- The ability to dial up or dial down coverage levels for water damage, liability, personal property, loss of use, and other structures
- Ideal for a home used seasonally
- If used seasonally, cover an occasional rental
- Town home or row home
- Single-family or two-family home
- Values up to $1M
- No age limit in most states (a 20-year roof age limit typically applies)
- Above-average condition or better
- Water backup from drain or sump pump overflow
- Service line failure
- Ordinance or law
- Home sharing or occasional rental
- Open peril protection
- Replacement cost (ACV on roof) or modified functional replacement cost if the home was built prior to 1960 or earlier
- Personal property covered for named perils
- Liability from $25,000 to $1M
- Water damage from 10%, 25%, 50%, 75% of Coverage A, or full coverage
Other programs to consider
The Dwelling Special program protects owner-occupied and seasonal homes, too, and vacant homes with open peril and replacement cost coverage.
In states where Homeowners FLEX is not offered, Dwelling Basic or Homeowners is an option for an owner-occupied or seasonal home with a coverage challenge.
This product or individual options may not be available in your state. Check the program manual for coverage definitions, limits, conditions, limitations, and exclusions.