The product protects rental properties, seasonal homes, or vacant homes using a form based on DP-3 which includes a replacement cost settlement. Home values run between $75,000 and $1M, and we accept up to four-family structures. This program is well-suited for a vacation home that needs less extensive coverage than a full-time residence.
When to write
- Rental property, seasonal home, or vacant home in good condition
- Full coverage wanted but also the ability to add or subtract options
- An unoccupied home held for sale
- Hard-to-find vacant coverage
- Multi-family construction
- Landlord wants to cover up to 10 properties on one policy
- Single-family up to a four-family home
- Values up to $1M
- No age limit in most states (a 20-year roof age limit typically applies)
- Above-average condition or better
- Up to three stories
- Town/row homes permitted
- Water backup from drain or sump pump overflow
- Premises liability from $25,000 to $500,000
- Personal property
- Short-term rental, occasional rental
- Service line failure
- Ordinance or law
- Open peril protection
- Replacement cost settlement, modified functional replacement cost if home built in 1940 or earlier
- Personal property covered with ACV settlement
- Water damage from 10% Coverage A to full coverage, with $10,000 mold remediation sublimit
Other programs to consider
For a one- or two-family seasonal home, look at the Homeowners FLEXSM program. It offers open peril coverage and replacement cost protection configured as a package similar to HO-3.
In other states, our Homeowners program accepts seasonal homes that do not need open peril or replacement coverage.
This product or individual options may not be available in your state. Check the program manual for coverage definitions, limits, conditions, limitations, and exclusions.