Many carriers write HO-6 coverage for full-time owner occupancy, but few accept rental or seasonal condominiums. (In California we accept owner occupancy.) American Modern fills that gap with a HO-6 program that is tailored to a full-time or a part-time seasonal unit. How else are we different? We accept properties that are titled to a LLC, in a high-rise, even shared by one family. We also extend liability coverage to a property manager who oversees the property on the owner’s behalf. This program is available in California, Nevada, Texas, and Washington
Protection for rental and seasonal condominiums.
- Rental or seasonal occupancy (owner occupancy in CA)
- No age limit on building
- Well maintained community and unit
- High rise building permissible
- Unit can occupy no more than three floors
- Title can be held by an LLC or one family, but no multi-family ownership
- Premises liability – If a guest is injured, or if you accidentally injure someone or damage property, you may be liable. Coverage levels start at $100,000.
- Personal property – We protect your belongings for the actual cash value, but you can upgrade to replacement cost.
- Loss assessment – $1,000 is included to cover a special assessment. Coverage can be increased.
- Short term rental – You can accept rental terms less than three months, including weekly rentals. No surcharge.
- Occasional Rental – You can rent your condominium to others for a short period of time when you are not using it yourself. No surcharge.
Program details vary by state. Please consult the program manual for specifics.