Watch and Learn!
Boat and Yacht Deep Dive
Everything you need to know about quoting boat and yacht, in one place. Set sail now!
Need a reason to write American Modern? We’ve got three!
See how our Dwelling solutions compare.
Boaters are passionate about their hobby, whether they are on board every weekend, or just the summer holidays. Their boat is likely well cared for and maintained, so many owners look for more than just minimum coverage. You can fully protect their investment from bow to stern. Most boat types are accepted, including personal watercraft.
When to write
The Boat product accepts vessels less than 27 feet in length and up to $1M in value. Larger craft may be eligible for the Yacht program.
- Sport fish
- Ski boat
- Performance up to 90 mph
- Personal watercraft
- Hull damage (includes ensuing loss, parts replacement for parts up to 10 years old, haul out, towing and emergency expense)
- Extended parts replacement for parts up to 15 or to 20 years old
- Bow-to-stern protection
- Genuine parts security
- Diminishing deductible
- Professional angler
- Boat lift
- Chartered fishing guide
- Port risk
- Rental reimbursement
- Tournament fee reimbursement
- Trailer physical damage
- Travel loss reimbursement
- Liability, BI, and PD
- Accidental spill pollution
- Underinsured/uninsured boaters
- Watersports liability
- Emergency assistance and towing
- Fishing gear and personal effects
- Parts replacement for parts up to 10 years old
- Medical payments
- Wreck removal
- Pet protection
This product or individual options may not be available in your state. Check the program manual for coverage definitions, limits, conditions, limitations, and exclusions.