Specialty Homeowner (HO-10)
For owner-occupied homes that need special coverage, customers can count on you to offer a solution.
A home you’re asked to cover may be in great shape, but it may be an older home, perhaps even with a few claims in its history disqualifying it for standard coverage. Our specialty homeowners program fills the middle ground between basic and comprehensive coverage – protecting not just the structure, but also personal possessions and liability exposure as well.
- Single- or two-family construction
- Average or better condition, showing proper maintenance
- Full-time, owner-occupied residence or a seasonally used home
- No age restriction
- Product not available in these states. Refer to DP-3 instead.
Covers those listed in the policy documents
The customer’s belongings are protected on an actual cash value basis. Can be upgraded to replacement cost.
If someone is injured or property damaged in the home. Choose from several protection levels.
For a total or partial loss, we settle at the actual cash value (ACV) of the loss. Full repair cost and replacement cost coverage is offered in many states.
- Liability – Policyholders are covered if an injury occurs to someone while on their premises, or if they accidentally injure someone or damage property while they are away from the home.
- Personal property – Personal belongings are protected on an actual cash value basis if the home suffers a covered loss.
- Other structures – Sheds, detached garages or fences are protected.
- Additional living expenses – If a covered peril causes sufficient damage to move out, we cover the extra living expenses until repairs are complete or a new home is found.
- Reasonable expenses – We cover the cost for emergency repairs that prevent additional damage, such as covering a roof after a storm.
- Limited burglary – If a forced entry leaves signs of visible damage (for example a broken window or jimmied door) we will cover the theft of personal items or permanently attached items such as a heat pump or even copper piping.
Enhanced coverage for additional causes of loss, including:
- Power surge
- Freezing *See AMsuite only Water damage
- Falling objects
- Weight of snow or ice
- Water discharge from plumbing, heating or cooling system *See AMsuite only Water damage
- Full repair cost loss settlement – Coverage can be upgraded so that depreciation is not considered in determining the settlement.
- Breakdown protection – Widen the policy’s scope to include the repair or replacement of major appliances, HVAC and electronics due to mechanical or electrical failure.
- Water backup – Add protection for damage failure caused by the backup of water from a drain or sewer.
Water damage –10%, 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% of Coverage A options available. *This coverage will be separate from the Enhanced coverage where these perils were previously included.