4th of July is a wonderful time for family, friends, fun, freedom, and fireworks. But, outdoor grills, pyrotechnics, and unattended homes can also create dangerous situations. This week, we are sharing various safety tips to ensure your Independence Day is both fun and safe. Today’s topic is home safety.
Protect your home while you’re away
Even though it’s a national holiday, that doesn’t mean thieves are taking the day off. If you’re heading out to celebrate with friends or family, you should take precautions to ensure your home isn’t a target for burglars:
- • Double check that all doors and windows are locked
- • Add motion-sensitive fixtures and automatic light timers outside
- • Clear areas in your landscape that could provide thieves with hiding spots
- • Put tools and garden equipment away at the end of the day
- • Make sure the locks on your outdoor shed are secure
Share this post on your social networks to help keep your family and friends safe this 4th of July, and stay tuned for Part 3 of our 4th of July safety guide tomorrow.
For information only. Not applicable to all situations.