The company has set a goal to have a carbon-neutral footprint by 2015. This is a realistic goal because American Modern's buildings use a cooling system based on the production of ice. Freezers use lower off-peak energy to form the ice, which is then used to cool office buildings during the workday. We've installed motion detection light sensors, and are replacing old lighting with more efficient choice. One of our employees even takes the used cooking oil from the cafeteria to power his biodiesel car.
Any associate will tell you that American Modern's company values are true guiding principles. These values are regularly emphasized by corporate leadership, beginning with the new hire orientation and extending into meetings where potential projects and decisions are weighed against the values to help determine a course of action.
- We act with integrity.
- We deliver through teamwork.
- We strive for personal growth.
- We are committed to superior performance.
- We are accountable for our actions and results.
- We leverage our interdependence.
Whether a cause is formally sponsored by the company, or adopted by a department to help others in need at Christmas, giving back is central to American Modern's identity. In a way, giving back embodies our company values.
Other programs American Modern supports in the Cincinnati area include:
- Eastside Youth Athletic Trust Fund
- Clermont Senior Services
- University of Cincinnati, Miami University, Xavier University
- Children's Hospital and Mercy Hospital
- Amelia, Batavia and Milford Schools
- Clermont 20/20
- Boy Scouts of America